Join Trans4M for an exciting day in Lansing meeting with our legislators!
Thursday, February 23, 9am-4pm
Transportation for Michigan (Trans4M) members and supporters will meet with legislators to educate them on the Regional Transit Authority (RTA) and other Trans4M priorities. Legislative background and talking points will be provided. The agenda includes:
- 9:00 am – Sign in, welcome briefing and plan for the day
- 10:00 am - Meetings with House members (pre-scheduled meetings or drop-by visits)
- Senate will be in session (you can also ask to talk to your Senator off the floor)
- 12 noon - Lunch with legislators - Lunch provided
- 1:00 pm - Meetings with Senators (pre-scheduled meetings or drop-by visits)
- House will be in session (you can ask to talk with your Rep off the floor)
- 3:00 pm - Brief wrap up meeting and reporting back
Specific locations at the capitol to be announced soon.
Three important things to do before attending:
- Make sure to RSVP at www.tinyurl.com/Trans4Mday so we know how many to expect and can coordinate legislative meetings.
- Make sure to note whether you want to ride on the bus from Southeast Michigan or whether you’d like to carpool.
- Work with other advocates from your area to schedule meetings with your legislators for while you’re in Lansing. (Contact Ruth@DetroitTransit.org for a sample meeting request letter.)
- Join us for a preview conference call to learn more about the issues and prepare. This call is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb 21 from 6-7pm at 605-475-4850, code 636655#.
For more information, contact Allie or Tim at 517-487-9539.
Trans4M is a statewide coalition working to make Michigan communities more livable and our economy more robust through transportation policy reform. We envision a connected, convenient system linking more frequent, reliable and affordable passenger rail and public transit, as well as active transportation and complete streets. www.Trans4M.org