The Michigan Department of Community Health and Michigan Public Health Institute are seeking a Complete Streets Project Coordinator to implement a U.S.Department of Health and Human Services ARRA Complete Streets grant, Communities Putting Prevention to Work. This position will provide lead consultation, contract and grant management, evaluation, technical assistance to local communities, and facilitate partnerships for the implementation of Michigan Complete streets policies at the local and state level. This person will be responsible for day-to-day management of the grant, including working closely with the Healthy Kids, Healthy Michigan Complete Streets team, state partners, funded communities and department staff to implement complete streets policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the grant requirements, including:
- Work closely with funded local health departments and their community partners on implementing complete streets policies and related initiatives;
- Provide grant and contract management for local and state level funded grants;
- Complete ARRA grant reports and requirements;
- Attend ARRA grant meetings and trainings;
- Assist with coordinating and conducting complete streets trainings throughout Michigan;
- Collect and oversee evaluation components and assist with evaluation reports;
- Assist with passing state level complete streets policies;
- Facilitate and collaborate with professional organizations to support local and state level complete streets policies;
- Develop project tools and resources as needed;
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to the Healthy Kids, Healthy Michigan Complete Streets Action Team to implement complete streets policies.
- Contribute to Cardiovascular Health Section and project written reports.
- Respond to requests for information from participating agencies, partners, communities and schools, general public, and other staff.
- Maintain a current level of professional education and liaison with appropriate professional organizations.
- Maintain a positive, strong, credible, professional and interpersonal relationship with all parties relevant to the project, and represent the best interests of MDCH/MPHI and the project at all times.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.