Bikeable and walkable communities provide safe and active opportunities for transportation. Use the Promoting Active Communities (PAC) program to assess your community’s active living infrastructure and implementation. New in 2013, your community will receive a Complete Streets Score; use the PAC assessment to evaluate your community’s current Complete Streets initiatives and receive feedback on ways to improve the safety and accessibility of your roads. Complete the PAC assessment and see where your community’s active living policies, programs and built environments rank among like-sized Michigan communities.
- Please visit the PAC Web site, www.mihealthtools.org/communities, to register by June 15th, 2013
- Use the free online assessment to help you evaluate local policies, programs, and the built environment to identify ways to promote and support active living.
- Complete the PAC assessment by July 15, 2013
- Upon completing the assessment, receive a personalized feedback report to help you identify strategies to create a more active places and spaces in your community.
- Your community will receive an award, showcasing your efforts to design pedestrian and bike-friendly neighborhoods.
Join the 144 Michigan communities from 57 counties who have already used the PAC program and are integrating active lifestyles into the statewide culture. For more information, visit www.mihealthtools.org/communities. Be a part of the growing movement to make Michigan a healthier, more prosperous place to live, work, learn and play!